Australia, officially known as the Commonwealth of Australia, is a sovereign country comprising the mainland of the Australian continent, the island of Tasmania, and numerous smaller islands. It is the largest country in Oceania and the world's sixth-largest country by total area. Australia's capital is Canberra, and its largest city is Sydney. The country's other major metropolitan areas are Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, and Adelaide. It is an English-speaking country with a population of about 21.5 million.
- Capital: Canberra
- Population: 2.46 crores (2017)Y
- Currency: Australian dollar 1 INR = 52.590
- Largest City: Sidney
- National Language: English
- The major reason why students choose to study in Australian universities is for its high quality of lifestyle and education.
- The education and living expenditure in Australia will be comparatively 40 to 60 percent less than that of USA/UK, varying with the location.
- Among various study courses, Indian students prefer technology and management programs and accountancy in addition to the management subjects. Australia is the next 'hot' destination after the USA, in terms of numbers, quality, and living conditions.
- Australian degrees are recognized by the Association of Indian Universities for purposes of government employment and further education in an Indian university.
Admission is a 2 stage process. A student needs to submit an application form and past academic documents along with Passport. For a detailed list of documents please contact our offices. Admission offer letter in Australia takes anywhere between 3 days to a month depending on the course and institution. It is desirable to apply 3-4 months before the start of the program.
Once a student gets an offer letter the student has to fulfill conditions (if any) specified in the offer letter and submit documentation to satisfy the university or institute of the sufficiency of funds. There may also be a telephonic interview at any stage of the admission process. The first term fee is also payable at this stage. On receiving confirmation of payment of fee and satisfactory documentation the student gets an electronic confirmation of enrollment (ECOE) based on which the student can file for a student visa.
The Visa process normally takes around 3 to 8 weeks. It is compulsory to maintain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of your study. The visa officer usually relies on the university or institution’s assessment of your candidature but they may also carry out an independent assessment. A student has to submit all documentation to visa authorities. Just like the university student will need to prove to the visa authorities of financial preparedness to pay for living expenses, education costs, and travel for the course. Students will be required to show AU$18,000 towards living expenses per annum along with the balance fee for the remaining year as finances for visa purposes. (For a detailed list please contact any of our offices). The visa officer may also conduct a telephonic interview wherever necessary.
International students who are studying in a course of more than one-year duration can work part-time up to 40 hours per fortnight during course time and full time during vacation provided this does not interfere with their study program. Almost all Universities and TAFE institutions have a Careers Office, which regularly posts employment vacancies. The spouse of a student in Australia can also work full time if the student is enrolled for a 2 year Master's program and part-time ( 40 hours per fortnight) in other cases.
Australia provides a work permit for 2 years to students who have taken up an education program of 2 years or more on completion of the educational program. With this work permit, the student can work full time for 2 years after completion of the course. International students who have graduated in Australia would also gain points under the Skilled Migrant Category and are eligible for applying for PR. To work in Australia applicants must be over 18 and under 45 years of age, with good English language ability, and recent skilled work experience. A permanent visa is for people with characteristics needed in the Australian labor market. Applicants are not sponsored but must pass a points test. The current points needed are 65.
- be under 45 years of age;
- nominate an occupation listed on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL);
- have a competent level of English or vocational level of English if their nominated occupation is a trade;
- have a positive skills assessment for their nominated occupation from a relevant assessing authority, and been employed for 12 out of the last 24 months in an occupation listed on the SOL;
- or meet the two-year study requirement in the last six months with qualifications closely related to the nominated occupation.
- ICT business Analyst
- Systems Analyst
- Analyst Programmer
- Developer Programmer
- Software Engineer
- Computer Network and Systems
- Telecommunications Engineer
- Telecommunications Network Engineer
- Materials Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Software tester
- Human Resource Adviser
- Hotel Managers & many more.